Friday, November 7, 2008

Jenilo



This guy is so special to me. He is my Ahmong...
I met him in Garcia Hernandez Bohol, a town where my Grandmother lives.

My mom used to send me to my grandmother when I was young so that I could be closer to her.
Jenilo saw me and what I was like when I was little. He would say I was pretty but he wouldn’t want to go near me because I was "maarte".

I tried really hard to remember his face when he was little but I couldn't. It seems he really never tried to be close to me.
But I was close to his sisters especially their youngest who I am very fond of.
He had very pretty sisters who were my friends when I was little.

His best friend Jerome used to court me. Jerome was my childhood crush.
But it seemed it never worked out between Jerome and me. When I was about to decide to say to him that I also wanted to be his gf, he flew to Manila.
Then I never heard of him. I wrote letters but I never got any reply back.

Then this was when Jenilo came into my life.
I could remember how he carefully befriends me first. I was first Year College then when he courted me.
I was on vacation to Garcia Hernandez and was on my way back to Tagbilaran City. I rode the bus and didn’t expect he was there in the station waiting for me to board the bus.
That was sweet. It was about two hours on the way to the city so we had a lot of conversations.
I told him that I was about to say yes to his best friend but he left. Then he told me if he would apply would he pass.
(laughing out loud). I blushed at his question. But didn’t answered it. I just smiled.

Then school year May 2000 started.

No comments: