Friday, November 7, 2008

Jenilo Part 2



As you noticed my stories of Jenilo starts on vacation. This is because I only meet him on vacation during my early years of getting to know him better.
It was vacation again and I did see him. He is muscular built, nice abs, Moreno color, and has a nice smile. He isn't really the handsome type. There's just something
about him that I like but couldn’t figure out. He courted me in a different way most guys would.

He spends time at the store where I was the storekeeper for the vacation. He would buy candies and offer me one then tell stories about him so I would tell him stories of mine.
At lunchtime he would borrow some guitar for me. You know how I love playing the guitar.

I wasn’t aware that I’m slowly falling for him. It was only when I saw a very pretty girl talk to him alone in a hut.
I thought he was courting her. She was half Filipino, with very visible pretty features. She had those wide eyes, white complexion, hair and her hair was colored blond. She was indeed very close to him.

He saw me then called me to go near them. But instead I turned around and went the other way. It was not a comfortable feeling. I was furious not knowing why. He had every right to talk to any gorgeous girl.

The next day he went to the store explaining things when there was nothing to explain. We didn't have a relationship.
Then he explained that she was his cousin. I blushed... I was too obvious that I was jealous.

He never had a vice ever not like the usual teenager that you see around. He would go early to the fields to tend their land.
Then in the afternoon he would go to the store and talk to me.

Summer was almost over, that was the time when my friends in that place decided to go to the beach.
My grandmother was very strict. She wouldn’t allow me to go if there were no female friends that she trusts.
It was a good thing my cousin was there Ate Jasmin. I told her there would be lots of girls there. It turned out there were only three and the rest were guys.

Well it didn’t matter. She said yes anyways. We went to Canuba Beach. It’s a beach with soft shiny stones instead of white sand at the shores.
It was nice and the waters were clear. It was June 2, 2001 when I answered Jenilo at this place under two coconut trees. I didn’t exactly said yes. I answered him with a question.

What would happen if I said I wanted to be his gf? My grandmother will go crazy plus I'll never get to spend summer here. He said and promised that no one would know.
He did keep that promise. No one knew about our little secret. This secret relationship went on for one year. It was hard. But was ok since we had other responsibilities like school and house chores. My course required me to reach a certain grade since it was a cut off grade of 2 we had to reach.

Our communication at that time was only through emails since I didn’t have a phone that time. Our first date was on Shoppers Mart Fast food mall. It was simple. But I love it. There were no flowers since our relationship was secret. Flowers would bring suspicions.

I could just remember our first date. He was waiting for me for like thirty minutes. I was always known to be late but for some reason I always want to test him. See how would he look like when he was sad, angry, and etc.

But when I arrived his gloomy face lit up into a smile. I guess mine was too. I was happy to see him. Then he would take me to see the sunset at the seashore just a few rides away.

There were many times we broke up. But he always made sure I’d be back to him. It was a nice feeling he made me feel.

He made me feel important, pretty, and loved. I struggled at first but then every time I would try to hurt him. It just hurts me more to see him in pain. That was the time I stopped hurting him.

His gifts to me were simple things but I treasured them in my heart. The first thing he gave me was a candy (max). Next ones was a wooden key chain with a picture of two angels in it. Then he drew my face and gave it to me. He gave me a dog stuff toy ever since he learned I love dogs. He gave me an eternity ring, a flower instead of a bouquet.

The most important thing he gave me was he taught me how to love. When I was working during the summer as a cashier at a grocery store, he would wait for long hours just to make sure I make it safe home. The things he did for me, the sacrifices he made were the keys to my heart. During our anniversaries he would give me a personally made card.

He was my best friend, my driver, my crying shoulder, my teddy bear and many more.
I don’t know if we really would end up together. But I hope we would. If we wont, I will still be thankful because he added color to my life.

No comments: